Cheshire Cricket have released a list of online learning available at this current time. Take a look at the options below:
Level 1 Cricket Grounds Maintenance (online)
The Grounds Management Association (GMA) have launched a new online Level 1 module on Cricket Grounds Maintenance to allow you to gain an awareness and general understanding of the tasks involved in maintaining playing surfaces. There are three modules to this training course. All are designed to either give you a new understanding or build on your experiences so far.
- Requirements of the groundsperson and pitch
- Maintenance activities (Equipment and Machinery)
- Safe use and storage (Materials)
- Each module has an informal self-assessment test, plus there is a formal end of course multiple choice assessment test, which is also online.
- Cost: £25.00 (Incl. VAT)
GMA Live – Back to Play Webinar
Delivered by Jason Booth (Director of Technical and Learning), Tom Rowley and Ian Mather-Brewster (Key Account Managers – Football & Cricket for GaNTIP), GMA Live: Back to Play will cover latest news and the GMA’s interim works documents. This webinar aims to help you understand:
- What may happen to your surface if it’s not maintained
- How you can bring your playing surface ‘back to play’
- How the GMA is encouraging more volunteers to sign-up and help grassroots sports get ‘back to play’
- Core grounds maintenance tasks, and how to identify these
- Where to go for latest funding, advice and support
To find out more and register for the webinar on Wednesday 13 May, click here.
ECB Association of Cricket Officials has created a range of free online courses for aspiring umpires and scorers. The courses are a great way for people to use the current downtime to learn a new skill or brush up on their knowledge.
- Basics of Umpiring – This course is aimed at umpires who simply want to learn the fundamental laws and basic field craft and those players who umpire 5 or 10 overs at the weekend. Book now with ECB at: http://booking.ecb.co.uk/d/jnqlsg
- Umpire Stage One – This course is designed to give an overview of the basic Laws of the game as well as providing information on how to apply them and introduce the principles of field craft and match management. This course is an ideal introduction for new club umpires, a refresher for existing umpires and the first step for those who aspire to umpire at higher levels. Book now with ECB at: http://booking.ecb.co.uk/d/fnqrf1
Cheshire Cricket Board have organised an online batting masterclass with former West Indies and current ECB batting consultant Toby Radford, which takes next Wednesday 13 May from 7pm. Register your interest via the link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/master-class
A reminder that coaches can also access ECB’s excellent online resource iCoach Cricket free of charge, with hundreds of drills and games to choose from: https://icoachcricket.ecb.co.uk/