Competitive cricket returns to Brooks Drive this weekend and in preparation, the committee has shared a summary of the changes that everyone is required to follow in order to help the club be Covid-19 secure.
- If you have any symptoms for Covid-19 you MUST NOT visit the club and you MUST stay at home or get tested for Covid-19.
- Social distancing should be followed at all times.
- Personal hygiene standards must be high, with regular hand washing and use of hand sanitiser.
- Please observe the new signage on site that includes capacity of indoor spaces and exit and entry points.
- Toilets are available but please follow the signage.
- The bar is open and the club house has had a deep clean but strict social distancing is in place and you must follow the instructions on signage provided. Drinks will be served in plastic glasses.
- We have face masks available on request for anyone who wishes to use one.
- Please arrive ready to play as changing rooms are only available for storage and emergencies with a very limited max capacity.
- Shower facilities will not be available.
- Please bring your own food as no teas will be served.
- No sweat or saliva is to be applied to the ball at hand time.
- Hands and the cricket ball should be cleaned at all breaks in play and every six overs.
- Social distancing should be maintained during wicket celebrations and drinks breaks.
- Players to remain socially distanced at all times adhering to the 2 metre social distancing rules except for wicket keepers and slips who can follow the 1m+ rule.
- Please use your own equipment where possible – if you need to use a piece of shared equipment it needs to be sanitised first.
- Bowlers are NOT allowed to hand personal items to an umpire and instead you should store items at the boundary.
- If it rains then players need to shelter under an umbrella, in a socially distanced appropriate space or please return to cars for shelter – please do not shelter in changing rooms or the clubhouse.
- Application of the covers during rain intervals needs to be done in a socially distant way.
- Players must bring their own drinks as shared drinks glasses will not be allowed.
- We’ll need you to sign in using the guest book so we have a record of who’s been on site. We’ll only keep this for 21 days and will then shred it.
- Please keep your distance from the playing squads.
- Please do not touch the cricket ball even to throw it back to the players if it lands near you.
- Please do not exceed the government guidance on discrete groups of six people.